Black-Led organisations, initiatives and services that support the Black community
- African Cultural Association – Promotes awareness of the different cultures in multicultural Britain by encouraging service users to come together to share experiences and provide a support network for themselves within the community.
- Coffee Afrik – A grassroots-focused community-based organisation operating in Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Harrow & Enfield.
- Harrow African-Caribbean Association (HACAS) – Promote the well-being and interest of our members; provide them with a meeting place; support individuals including the youth and elderly; take up their concerns with statutory bodies such as Local and Central Government in respect of Health, Education, Employment and Training; provide leisure and cultural activities for members and the wider community.
- Harrow Association of Somali Voluntary Organisations (HASVO) – An umbrella organisation involved in various activities geared towards the development of the Somali & wider BAME community.
- Harrow Ghanaians Association – Builds and fosters relationships among Ghanaian residents in Harrow.
- Horizon Youth & Community Action (HYCA) – HYCA offers mentoring programmes, activities, advice and guidance that enhances the standard of life of users to enable them to make a positive contribution to the community.
- Ignite – Engage, empower and transform at-risk, marginalised and vulnerable young people in our community.
- Need To Talk – Offering a non-judgmental, understanding and safe place where concerns and issues can be worked on and explored by a fully qualified counsellor on a one-to-one basis.
Self-Care & Mental Health
- Black Girls Hike – Provides a safe space for Black women to explore the outdoors. Challenging the status quo, and encouraging black women to reconnect with nature, we host nationwide group hikes, outdoor activity days and training events.
- Black Girl Knit Club – Create an inclusive space for black women and women of colour to gather, unite, and inspire each other through the confidence of encouraging hand-knitting skills and in turn create a learning platform that highlights the importance of creativity in our community.
- Black Minds Matter – Connecting Black individuals and families with free mental health services- by professional Black therapists to support their mental health.
- Black Students Mental Health Project – A range of mental wellbeing resources, including blogs, podcasts and videos, which have been created by the black community within London South Bank University (LSBU).
- BlackOut – Mobilises gay/bi and/or trans men of African descent in the UK to work together to address shared challenges, create platforms for their voices to be heard, build networks to support aspirations and enable individuals to play a more active role in the communities they are a part of.
- Fly Girl Collective – An authentic space for black women and women of colour to level up their wellness and lifestyle.
- The Ubele Initiative – Empowering UK Black and Minoritised Communities focusing on social and economic change.
Social Impact & Business
- Black Equity Organisation – A new independent, national Black civil rights organisation created to dismantle systemic racism in Britain.
- Black Thrive – Brings together individuals, local communities, statutory agencies and voluntary organisations to address the structural barriers that prevent Black people from thriving.
- bMoneywize – Innovative educational solution to teaching young people financial literacy and numeracy skills in an increasingly “Cashless Society.
- Business Launch Pad – provide dedicated business support to young people aged 16-30 living in London to become future leaders by improving their business mindsets and business skills, while bettering their financial prospects and meaningful networks.
- BYP Network – Facilitate networking, mentoring, up-skilling and employment for over 150,000 community members through 1,000+ organisations.
- Do It Now Now – Creating a world in which every Black person has the skills, tools and resources they need to lead, influence and create the future for themselves and their community.
- Foundervine – Whether you’re a new founder or a growing business, Foundervine helps ambitious leaders create, test and sustain entrepreneurial ventures.
- Impact X – Venture capitalists funding the undiscovered, creating the extraordinary, impacting the world.
- My Moon Landing – Help Black women, Black LGBTQ+ and Black non-binary people in the UK build their leadership skills and claim a stronger financial future.
- Black Tech Fest – A movement that takes the form of a virtual three-day festival to celebrate Black culture, showcase innovation and create pathways for underrepresented talent.
- Coding Black Females – Building, supporting and educating the community of Coding Black Females.
- Hustle Crew – A community made up of folks with a range of skills and levels of experience. Most leaders fail to diversify their talent pipeline.
- Power Platform School – The Power Platform School works with adults from the BAME community, providing training on the Microsoft Power Platform as well as mentorship from industry professionals, during an 8 week program.
- UK Black Tech – Supports, promotes, represents and encourages the continued growth of diverse innovators and tech innovation across the UK.
- Your Startup, Your Story – Accelerate diverse founders and talent through community-driven programmes and advocate for an inclusive startup ecosystem through campaigns and workshops.
- Black Geographers – Supporting the next generation of Black geographers and geoscientists.
- Black Girls Camping Trip – Outdoor retreats for black women and non-binary people in the UK.
- Flock Together – Bringing persons of colour creativity to nature.
Campaigns & Identity
- Black Ballad – Lifestyle platform that seeks to tell the human experience through the eyes of black British women.
- Hear Me Speak – A UK-based campaign founded by mental health and anti-racism activist António Ferreira, and supported by youth mental health charity Beyond, that seeks to strengthen legislation, guidance and training around policing within a mental health crisis
- Knights Of – A multi-award-winning inclusive publisher focused on bringing underrepresented voices to the forefront of commercial children’s publishing.
- Mentivity – Mentors and supports young people, families, schools and the wider community to enhance social cohesion, social mobility, improve educational outcomes and raise aspirations for our youth.
- The Africa Centre – A ‘home away from home’ for Africans in the UK and a warm and welcoming space offering authentic African heritage and cultural experiences to anyone with an interest in Africa.
- The Black Curriculum – A social enterprise founded in 2019 to address the Eurocentricity found in local and national curriculums