Everyone who works with children/young people – including Voluntary, Community & Faith Sector Workers – has a responsibility for keeping them safe.
Voluntary, Community, Faith and Private Sector organisations play an important role in delivering services to children/young people. They should have safeguarding arrangements in place to keep children and young people safe, and need to work effectively with the Harrow Safeguarding & Children Board (HSCB) to ensure this. Paid and volunteer staff need to be aware of their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and attend safeguarding training. This should enable workers to identify child protection concerns and have the confidence to make referrals to local authority children’s services or the police.
How can we help?
We are supporting this work by offering free certified training in:
- Level 2 Safeguarding (this is offered as multi agency or In House Training)
- Children & Young Peoples Forum (for organisations working with children & young people)
- Nominated Safeguarding Person training
- Referrals for the Local Authority Designated officer Training (LADO)
- Quarterly Safeguarding Newsletter
- One-to-one support for organisations by looking at their existing child protection policies, updating existing policies, and giving advice, support and guidance with referrals to the Children’s Services.
An organisation check list is available to help organisations to identify any gaps in safeguarding that may need to addressed.
What’s New: Early Help Support Harrow: Early Help Assessment (EHA) The EHA is a completely voluntary process which the family can opt out of at any time. Using the EHA process means that the family should only need to go through one assessment of need and are fully involved in deciding what help and support you need. contact Errol Albert for further information: Errol.Albert@harrow.gov.uk
Find out more:
To find out more contact Asia or Sue on 020 8861 5894 or email email@example.com.
- Information on training dates including booking details and support tools can be found on: Harrow Safeguarding Children/Young People training
Further information resources: